Evelyn Ryan, Yourlifelifter
“We cannot see our souls or what we call our self-esteem. However, we know that our souls need to be nourished consistently to sustain our joy.”
We cannot see our souls or what we call our self-esteem. However, we know that our souls need to be nourished consistently to sustain our joy. We are designed for happiness, however we are also designed with built in mechanisms to protect us from harm. Our emotions even our pain-based ones like shame and sadness exist as gauges to guide and protect us and to keep us safe. When they function properly and our filters are intact, we confidently take cues from them to either course correct or thought correct and take actions that remove us from harm’s way and teach us to avoid that “bad” thing again in the future. Positive emotions, on the other hand, are cues that our actions and thoughts are serving us well.
When our souls are routinely starved, we also run the risk of 3 things:
- Believing falsely we are the source of the ensuing pain and discomfort; and/or
- Blaming something or someone else for them; and/or
- Feeling unsafe in our own bodies.
All harm us more because they cause us to feel more pain and stop us from taking action that we need to learn from and that nurture us and sustain our joy.
trying to alleviate pain we believe falsely we are powerless to. We become victims and reactive to life relying on others who do not have our best interests at heart rather than ourselves for answers and to define our self-worth.
And, yes, our parents or caregivers should have taught us this. In their defense, If they did not, then they were also not taught how to as were their parents ad infinitum.
The answer is pretty simple and is no secret. Here it is!
- Unlearning the thinking that makes us addicted to pain;
- Surrounding ourselves with others who reflect back to us the nurturing TRUTH our souls need to flourish;
- Honoring the value of that truth through self-compassion and self-care;
- Learning we are worthy of the effort;
- Learning we are worthy of the happiness; and
- Reflecting our authentic nurturing truth back to others with love, kindness, and compassion to help them nourish their souls.
- Repeating 2 though 6 above.
I am committed here at Yourlifelifter to show you how to achieve these objectives and nurture your souls! And as you heal, your children will heal through you.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE self-esteem building tips and tools that can help you make huge strides in your recoveries.
You are all worthy of the effort.
I am honored to support you in your journeys!